Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Easy Cheesy Chicken Alfredo and Wheat Garlic Toast

>

(I am now going to be doing this blog in sync with a Communications Project for school. We basically have to make an online magazine and get as many subscribers as we can. Please subscribe at http://happinessaccordingtome.7h.com . I will be posting all the articles on this page and that one, but if you could subscribe, I'd really appreciate it! Subscribe to this if you want as well, I'm trying to widen this blog as to get more viewers!

I usually love making most of my meals from scratch, but it seems as if lately, I don't have all the time that I used to before college to devote to making lengthy, homemade meals. Because of this, I have been eating far too many microwaveable foods. Don't get me wrong, I love Lean Cuisines, but nothing beats a good home cooked meal! The past few weeks, however, I have decided to make more of an effort to making my dinners, and not just nuking it for a few minutes in the microwave. Mondays are usually a pretty tight day for me, so I prefer to go the “semi-homemade” way.

I discovered this “Cheesy Ragu Roasted Garlic Parmesan” sauce,

and I just had to get it! I hadn't tried it out til yesterday, when I wanted something yummy to eat, but also quick enough to be made and eaten before Family Home Evening.

This recipe is really simple and basically anyone can do it! It's super tasty and I'm sure it will satisfy just about anyone. The only downside about the sauce is that it separated a little bit after I had it simmering on the stove while the noodles cooked, but this did not affect the flavor. I added a few spices to the sauce, just to give it a little more of a zing. I didn't have any on hand when I made this, but to make it a little healthier and get your daily dose of vegetables in, you could add some onions, red peppers, or virtually any kind of veggie you like to the chicken/sauce mixture! As I do with most of my Italian recipes, I had to add some sort of garlicy

bread. Last night the choice was wheat garlic toast! It takes literally minutes to cook. However, I accidently slightly burnt it, so it doesn't look as appetizing in this picture, but trust me, it is delicious and simple, which is something I am always searching for!



Easy Cheesy Chicken Alfredo

One Jar of Cheesy Ragu Roasted Garlic Parmesan Sauce
1 Package of uncooked Linguini
Precooked Grilled Chicken strips (as many as you think you'll need..You could make your own chicken if you like, I think it's just easier to use the precooked!)
Garlic Powder
Italian Seasoning
Parsley
Various veggies (onions, red peppers, etc.)

Bring a pot of water to a roaring boil and cook pasta according to the directions on the package. Add salt to the water to flavor the Pasta. Put the chicken strips into a sauce pan and cook until they look tender. Pour the Ragu sauce into the pan and mix the chicken around in it until it is fully covered. Add the seasonings (just a few shakes of each) and mix the mixture around. Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve the chicken sauce over the noodles.

Wheat Garlic Toast

Wheat Bread--as many pieces as you think you'd like (I use Sara Lee, but any kind will do)
Butter
Garlic Powder
Parmesan Cheese
Grated Cheese (optional)

Lay the bread onto a oven safe cooking dish. Spread a light layer of butter on each piece. Sprinkle garlic powder, then parmesan cheese, and then a little more garlic powder on top of the buttered bread. If you want a little more cheesy of a flavor, sprinkly the grated cheese on top. Cook in the oven on broil for 2-4 minutes, checking periodically because it will burn easily! Serve with any type of pasta, salad, etc.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Katie,
It's Jenny from Picky Palate. I just sent you an email. Read it over and let me know if you have any questions.

Your chicken alfredo sounds like the perfect dinner! Keep up the great work!

Aggie said...

Hi Katie! I don't mind at all if you want to use my wrap recipe, if you don't mind, please link it back to me!
Hope you like it!!

You've got a great blog! I'll be visiting again!