Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin Cookies

With Halloween over and Thanksgiving quickly approaching, there is pumpkin ever! Whether you are disposing of old pumpkins, or stoking up on canned pumpkin, there is a plethora of delicious recipes out there. A few weekends ago I went to my sister, Cindy's, house for the weekend for my birthday. Upon arriving she pulled out freshly baked pumpkin cookies. They were so delicious! Probably some of the best I've ever had. I kept forgetting to ask her for the recipe, so today when I got the sudden urge to make some, I googled it, and lo and behold, I'm pretty sure I found the exact recipe. They turned out really good, so I thought I would share the recipe. I give credit to Cindy to this recipe; she always has the best ones! She changed a couple things from the original recipe, like adding chocolate chips, but it only made it better!





PUMPKIN COOKIES

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 cup Libby's Pumpkin
1 Large Egg
1 Tsp. Vanilla extract

Preheat over to 350 degrees F and grease baking sheets.  Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. beat in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until edges are firm. Let Cool. 

No comments: