Thursday, June 12, 2008

Chicken Enchilada Soup

My sister Diana gave me this delicious recipe that one of her friends gave to her because Alexis loved it so much. I have made this several times and it's usually quite the hit! I changed it up a little bit (just because we had different spices than it called for, and cuz we didn't have green chilis) but its a really great meal. I defintely recommend it. I served it with garlic bread! its yummy!

CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
2 cans Great Northern White Beans
2 cans Chicken Broth
25 ounces canned chicken
2 can cream chicken soup
2 can green chili enchilada sauce
Dump all these cans into a large pot
Then add:
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. cilantro
1 tsp. sage
1/2 cup of dried onion (brown these)

Cook on high until it boils, and then bring it down to a light simmer. 30 minutes before serving, add 1 can of evaporated milk. Serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips!

3 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

I really liked that soup, although I do think it would be better without the beans. :)

Kristalyn said...

That soup is sooo good...I think it's funny that you guys, Diana and us hav it so much. I've added a can of corn in the last couple of times and it goes really well with it!

Katie said...

mmm thats a good idea!