Monday, March 9, 2009

Cafe Rio-esque Cilantro Dressing/Dip

While searching for a lime chicken reciep the other day, I came across a blessed recipe. The delicious Cafe Rio Lime Cilantro Dressing. It called for somethings called tomatillos, and the grocery store I go to unfortunately did not have these items. So I changed that up, and just used red tomatoes. I also couldn't find limes (yeah, i go to a lame college grocery store), so I used key limes instead.  I wasn't sure if it would work, but it did! I think it turned out to taste quite similar to dressing from Cafe Rio. It's really good on salads, nachos, or just to dip chips in. I also found a recipe for the rice and chicken from Cafe Rio, so I will definitely be trying those out soon!


Cilantro Lime Dressing

1 package of Buttermilk ranch dressing mix  (you'll need mayonaise for this)
1 medium tomato
2 key limes
1 jalepeno (take the seeds out)
8 stalks of cilantro (just the leaves)
1 clove of garlic

Mix together the buttermilk mix according to directions. Let it set up in the fridge for about 30 minutes. After this, blend together all of the above ingredients in a blender until smooth. Refridgerate until ready to serve. 

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Yummy! so good! I'll have to try it on my own one of these days!

Randi said...

Ok, I have been looking all over for this recipe! THANK-YOU!